Wednesday 12 March 2014

A predictable start

I never bought that pair of trainers. :(

BUT, I haven't completely disappointed myself. On Monday, both my boyfriend and I had the day off so we decided to go for a bike ride. We cycled 6 miles to Bradgate Park to see the deer, then cycled back (I have to admit here that I did have to get off and walk for a short while). I'd like to say it was a lovely Spring day, but it was bloody freezing! The sun came out as we returned home, typical. (I should have put a warning on this blog about how much complaining I would be doing - and not just about the exercise!) I found out using MyFitnessPal that for me, cycling for three hours burned 900 calories. Not that I like calorie counting, I try to avoid it, but I just thought that was an interesting little fact I could be proud of. :)

And as if that wasn't enough, I met up with my bestest mate and we went for an evening stroll to catch up on all the latest. We walked and talked for an hour! To be honest I was dreading work the next day. Fearing the sore, achiness I had a bath that evening and I think it worked. My legs were absolutely fine, but my bum felt funny when I sat down. In fact it still does, two days later. Clearly I need to become more aquainted with my bicycle seat.

I haven't managed to work myself up to try and follow the running plan yet. I raced my bestie about ten strides to the traffic lights and was panting, so 60 seconds is going to be like a mini marathon! But when I do attempt it, I intend to give an honest account of what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment